Monday, August 29, 2011

Letter from Jeff Heiner

Andi,

Your daddy is a great man! Every time I think of him I am reminded of his great smile and attitude. I had the opportunity to work and serve with him in the Church for a few years. He did a great job in everywhere he served and everything he did. He always appeared selfless to me...always putting others needs ahead of his own. I believe he continues to do the same in the Spirit World.

As I have reflected on this past year...I have repeatedly thought about your Dad. June 30th will always be - "Michael Allen Day" to me! His great untimely loss and death has affected me to make changes in my own life to help prepare me and my family in the event of a catastrophe. I believe he was prepared to leave mortality to help others in Heaven who greatly need his guidance, example, and teachings. I know you love him and miss him very much, but I know that his spirit will always be close to you and he always be your Dad...know that he LOVES YOU!

I think of your Dad as an honest hard working man! I remember him coming to our home a day or two before Christmas to fix our furnace. I remember that it was snowing and it was his day off. But, he came to our house fixed our furnace, hooked up a new thermostat and didn't charge us!!! I always thought...I need to do something special for that Mike Allen, because he helped me and my family in a time of need. I neglected to do anything...I regret that! But, I remember talking with him and he taught me how to do things myself to help save money for the future. So, naturally...every time I clean my furnace now, I think of your DAD and use his good instructions!

I've often thought that it was ironic that your Dad worked in Heating and Air Conditioning. His profession was helping people feel and enjoy comfort..."staying warm" in the cold Winter months and "staying cool" in the heat of the hot Summer months. Whether he realized this or not...he's got the skills and talents of a true comforter, he's like the Holy Ghost! I 'm sure that your Mom has felt this same comfort and safety too.

Lastly, you're are fortunate to have a very good Mom! She is so strong! Listen always to her wise counsel and follow her example. She will teach you everything you need to do to be reunited with your Daddy again. Know that you have an Eternal family and you enjoy the blessings of the Priesthood's sealing power. Always strive to do your best and choose the right!

Please know that your Daddy will always be missed by many people...family and friends still long for his companionship, he is not forgotten! I am a better man because I know Michael Allen, and I look forward to the day when I can see you hug and kiss him again.

Love,
Bro. Jeff Heiner

No comments: