I'd say we had successful birthday celebrations. Andi had such a good little friend birthday party, and a wonderful time celebrating with our family on another night.
My heart is so full of love and gratitude for all the wonderful people we have in our lives. I just can't say enough how much I love each and every friend and family member that offers us so much support. As I'm striving to figure out what our new place is in this life, it's so nice to have them around. It is so needed and so appreciated.
It was such a fun night when all her friends were there....A priceless moment occurred when the "real" Sleeping Beauty arrived and Andi ran down the street to greet her. I don't think I'll ever forget the vision of her doing that. It was so sweet.
I know what I'm about to say is nothing new or even profound, but I just miss Michael so. My heart aches that he can't physically be here with me to partake of these precious times. My soul just literally hurts as these moments pass by without him.
I know, Michael, that you are near in your own way, and I'm so grateful for that. But as I wind down this evening, the same looming question aches inside of me to be answered....Are you okay? Are you happy? Where are you?
I know I have many means to aide me in answering those questions...I refer to them often and am grateful for the tools of faith that I have. But sometimes I long to just hear Michael's voice telling me, straight from his mouth, the answers to those questions that haunt me so.
Tonight as I lay my head down and count my blessings, I will once again thank heaven for my Michael and pray that he is seeing our darling Andi grow and that he is at peace. While I may not have all the answers I'm looking for, I do know that my Father is mindful of each of us...that He cares for us all and that he has certainly shown that care towards me this last year. Seeing His hand in my life reminds me that He loves each of His children dearly...That he loves Michael and is taking care of him just as I know he's taking care of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment