Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Grandma


My mom reminded me that it was my grandma Bette's birthday on Monday, the 29th. She would have been 85.
I think of her often. She's such a part of me and was a big part of my childhood. She taught me a lot of things--She was nurturing and loving. She loved to be with her family. She loved to shop and be a woman! She had a great wardrobe, perfect hair and nails, and her house was emaculate and homey at the same time. She also loved pink....I think that's where I got that from.
I still miss going to her house in West Point. I loved it there. She always had grapes on her counter and pudding in the fridge. Sleeping over at her house was always such a novelty. One time while sleeping over, I got thirsty so I went to the fridge for a drink. I took a big gulp of a drink that was sitting in there and it ended up being Grandpa's Neer Beer. Grandma laughed and laughed.
We used to play Old Maid together and she'd watch "I Love Lucy" with me. She laughed as hard as I did. I loved that.
I miss you Grandma. Take care of Michael and Chris for us!

"To live in hearts we leave behind, is not to die."
Love that quote.

Just yesterday I looked over at Andi and she had picked up a picture frame and was kissing a picture of Michael. It really is true that he lives inside of us. :)

No comments: