Andi:
We want to wish you a very happy third birthday. Your mom kindly asked that I write a few things about our interactions with your dad, Michael. As I thought about this, I thought of the first time I met your dad. It was long before your mom and dad began dating. But rather than telling you about that, I want to share two experiences of when your dad helped us when we were in need. When you read this you may think it wasn’t that big of a deal, but to us it made a huge difference. Both events took place when your dad was working in the heating and air business.
The first time was while we were on our honeymoon. We were renting an apartment on the north end of Bountiful. One of the conditions of renting the apartment was that the landlord would fix the swamp cooler, because it was not working. It was August so when you walked into the apartment you felt like as if you were melting—it was so HOT! The day we got married it still wasn’t fixed. So a few days into our honeymoon we called the gentleman who was managing the property to see if it was fixed, still no luck. We called Michael to see if there was anything he could do to help. He said he would give us a great deal on an air conditional unit. The thing of it is, is that we didn’t even own the place, but he was willing to help us out. So we finally called the owner of the apartment and gave her an ultimatum that if it wasn’t fixed before we got back we would be moving out and would seek a full refund of rent and deposit. We gave her Michael’s phone number and knew we didn’t have anything to worry about. We received word three days later that everything was fixed. Not only did we have working air conditioning, but Michael convinced her to upgrade from a swamp cooler to forced air.
The second experience took place about a year later. By then we were living in our house in Bountiful. It was a really busy day for me at work; I was in meetings all day. Brad had called twice, but I couldn’t take his calls. Apparently Brad came home to find that our water heater was leaking, basically the bottom had rusted out. We needed to get it fixed and get it fixed fast. Brad immediately called your dad and Michael put things into motion to get it fixed. He ordered a new water heater, went and picked it up and brought it to the house and installed it. Everything was fixed and taken care of by the time I was finally able to call Brad back that afternoon. It was a huge relief to have everything fixed and I didn’t even hve to worry about a thing.
These two events represent Michael’s natural response to those in need. He was always willing to help. We are glad to have known him and be recipients of this great character trait he possessed. He was a service oriented man.
We love you and your mom very much and are so glad to be counted as her friends. I hope that you will continue to read these experiences your mom has collected; they are a testament that you were blessed with two wonderful parents.
Love,
Carrie and Brad Beckman
Monday, August 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment