The other night I woke up at about 2 a.m. I went upstairs and sat on the living room couch. Toys were scattered all over the living room, and Andi's swing was sitting in the corner. It dawned on me that Andi has already grown out of that swing. Once that occurred to me, my thoughts became a downward spiral. Is Andi already growing up? Does it really go this fast?
I'm beginning to understand the common maternal lament of learning how to let go of your "babies." My Young Women president was telling me about how her youngest daughter was going to college this year and how hard it was to see her get so old. I now have just enough experience to understand what that tinge of sadness feels like. I have many years to master the emotion, I'm sure.
In the meantime, I will be happy to keep reading my favorite bedtime story to her. I love you like frogs love flies....I love you like pigs love pies...I love you like strawberry milkshakes...I love you like blueberry pancakes.
I sure love my Andi.
No comments:
Post a Comment