Monday, August 31, 2009

Andi's party

Here are some pics of the big bash. Thanks to our family for coming and spoiling our girl. Andi's really blessed to have so many cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and friends that all love her. After her party I couldn't stop telling Michael how much I love our family and how grateful I am for them and their support.
I still can't believe Andi's one. She's making a lot of milestones as of late. Like, she now climbs the whole staircase by herself. She's also pretty good at saying "da-da" and "bye-bye." She waves a lot, and she also "talks on the phone" all the time. Her teeth are really coming in, so it's really cute when she laughs. She drinks whole milk now, too, which is another big step.
Her favorite thing to do lately is to go in the bathroom and take everything out of the drawers and cupboards. I have yet to get childproofing supplies for my house, so right now it's a battle keeping her out of places she shouldn't be in.
She's also advanced to the temper-tantrum phase. When we go shopping, I am now one of "those" moms who everybody gives crusties to because my baby is screaminig and won't shut up. I used to be one of those people who'd look at those moms and say, "If that were my kid..."
I've learned quickly that being on the other side of the fence isn't quite as simple as one might think.
It is indeed true that your kids teach you more than you teach them.

No comments: