Last week was Chris' birthday. He'd be 37 now. It's funny...I thought the anniversaries of his death would be the worst, but it's the birthdays that seem to get me more. I cringe at the thought of not having him here to celebrate another year of life. That said, as my sisters and I have often expressed, I want to use his birthdays as opportunities to celebrate his life and the love we have for him. I hope that each year I can honor the day with my children. I want it to be a special day to remind myself and teach my kids of Chris' tremendous life.
This year we sang to him and had Andi blow out a candle for him:
When she gets a bit older, I want to tell her all about him. So much to tell, but one thing's for sure--He was a gentle soul with a huge heart and an incredible desire to be great. He was indeed. Love you, Chris!
Here's Andi with her favorite neighbor friends:
Today we went to their house to pick something up, but they weren't home. She sat in their driveway and cried for a good ten minutes before I could lure her home. She loves Cambri and Elyse!
No comments:
Post a Comment