Second of all, I love my dad. And I wish him the best on his 71st birthday.
Anyway, here are some thoughts I had on his big day--
TEN THINGS I'VE LEARNED FROM MY DAD:
1. Sometimes life isn’t perfect. As a result, we need to have compassion and help others when we can.
2. BYU sucks.
3. Your kids go first.
4. Give give give.
5. Sports aren’t just a hobby; they’re a way of life.
6. Age sets no limits.
7. Reading can open new worlds. You can gain much insight, knowledge, and fulfillment from reading.
8. We gotta’ learn to approach difficult situations in pragmatic ways. We sometimes have to let our emotions go in order to be effective in life.
9. Buy American-made cars.
10. Never get a credit card.
I could write a list of at least a hundred more, but those are some things I was thinking of on his birthday. He's a pretty cool guy if you ask me.
Dad, as Lydia would say, "Kick butt on being retarded!"
Guess you had to be there.
No comments:
Post a Comment