Saturday, March 26, 2016

family email

Hi family,

It isn't often I write an email to you all but I've been thinking a lot about you and wanted to write a little message in time for Easter Sunday tomorrow.
I think you can all relate when I say that Easter has developed an entirely deeper meaning for me since Michael's death.  It has become one of my favorite holidays and I cherish the chance we have to celebrate our Savior's resurrection that has come to mean so much to me and to us.
I haven't been on Facebook much lately and have decided to try life sans Facebook for a while, so I haven't seen much posts, nor have I talked to y'all much.  I hope you are all doing well.  I would love a little update if you can.
I have a few things I wanted to mention to each of you, so forgive me for including you all on this--

Cathi:  Hope your knee is continuing to heal.  In the next few months I would like to try to come over and work on your iPad with you.  Call or text so we can maybe figure out a time I can start doing that.  I hear that James' Court of Honor was today.  I'm so sorry I had to miss it.  I will send him a card for sure and hope you tell him congratulations for me.  
Ron and Joann:  We got your darling Spring headbands and I hope to take a picture of all of them tomorrow with them on.  I tried one on Millie and she wasn't too happy but I'm confident she'll get the hang of it.  See attachment.  :)  We love receiving mail from you....It means so much.  Spring Break is this upcoming week so we may try to do a little Facetiming with you if possible.  We are also looking forward to spending time with you all in Park City.
Beth:  The bread you brought a few weeks ago was very much enjoyed.  Thank you for thinking of us.  How about we try for a Gigi-slash-A-Team playdate on this upcoming Wednesday (the 30th?)  Would that work?  Text and we can plan more.  Also, I have that How Children Succeed book of yours that I'm ashamed I haven't given back to you yet. I'm going to leave it out on my desk so I remember when I see you this week!  And one more thing--I think I'm going to get Andi in violin lessons this year.  Just wanted to tell you that because I think her desire to do so started when she discovered you played.  :)
I'd sure love a lunch date sometime but I'll take a girls playdate for now.  I don't know how you keep up with your three darling babies to tend to.  
Isaac:  One of the few times I was on Facebook the past few weeks revealed a super cute picture of you with Lizzie and Gigi.  I know I allude to this a lot lately, but sometimes after I haven't been with you for a while, I am totally taken back by how much you are resembling Michael and even Andi.  I'm sure it's for a number of different reasons, but I'm convinced this has become more apparent as you've gotten older.  I will admit that sometimes it is a bittersweet feeling being around all of you when you all remind me so much of him but I'll take the bitter if I can get the sweet.  You are all family, that is sure, and share many features and mannerisms. 
I still would really like to come see your place.  I'm so sorry I haven't been able to make it happen.  Are you ever available on a weekday for lunch or something so I can come see it?  I also hear you might have a housewarming party eventually.  I'd love to come.  
Also, we are getting Cherry Hill passes this summer.  Since the girls enjoy your company so much (especially when it comes to swimming), I think you ought to join us on at least one afternoon. :)
Daniel and Laura:  I hope all is well with you guys down south.  If you're ever up in the 'hood and have an afternoon for Maelee to come play, we would welcome that.  Just let us know.  I'm hoping we can get caught up when we all go to Park City.  Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW, DANIEL!  It's not that often your birthday lands on Easter Sunday.  Super cool.  Daniel, I was looking at my blog from years past and I came across a picture of the super awesome Hulk bike you made out of Michael's old bike.  How I love you.

Just so you all know, Andi's baptism will be on September 10th.  (Yes, for real, she is getting baptized.)  It would mean a lot to me to have each of you there if at all possible.  I was thinking of having Joann do a talk.  Isaac, would you be the witness for her baptism?  I'd sure love it if Beth could lead a primary song for the little cousins in the Allen family (including our girls) to sing.  And of course it'd be awesome if all the guys could be in the circle to confirm her.  I'm sure I'll need additional help for the day but those are the things that come to mind so far.  

Andi's increase in years seems to increase her curiosity about her dad.  I have had many tender moments with her lately concerning Michael.  Both Eric and I really try to encourage our girls to not dwell on sadness but the happiness of the memories they have and the connection they feel to their deceased parents.  Andi is often so good about loving and honoring both her dads in a happy and sweet way.  We know we are blessed.  We have been well taken care of.  That said, we have our moments.  Please pray for our sweet girl that she can continue to have help as she feels his void in her life.  I know we all have our struggles and I don't assume we are worse off...I just want to share our a little of our journey with you and continually ask for your support.  Speaking of which, another thing I've been wanting to say to you all is THANK YOU to all of you for being so phenomenal at your ability to love and welcome Eric and his girls into our lives.  The more time passes, the more I've realized how wonderful you guys have been about my new life.  You have been welcoming, kind, and supportive.  I hope you know how much that means to me.  I know it can be tricky to know what to do, what to say, or what's appropriate in our situation.  Believe me when I say that sometimes I don't know myself, but so far we seem to figure it out, and I appreciate all your understanding as Eric and I have tried to figure it all out together.  And sometimes it can be a lot to figure out.  :)

I had the rare chance to take Andi skiing last weekend--just the two of us.  See attached pic.  If there's ever a place I think Michael would join us, it would be on the slopes, don't you think?  Love those moments.

Anyway, thanks for everything!  A little food for thought before I end:
"The 'lively hope' we are given by the resurreciton is our conviction that death is not the conclusion of our identity but merely a necessary step in the destined transition from mortality to immortality.  This hope changes the whole perspective of mortal life."--Elder Dallin H. Oaks

Love you all ❤

-- 

No comments: