Monday, February 8, 2016

Facebook Post for Michael's 38th Birthday

January is a big month for me and my family, so bear with me--Here's another post from me this month, probably with more to come. 
Today, January 9th, is especially big because it is my late husband's birthday. That said, his birthday is the one of the few days I give myself permission to celebrate him with my family and friends on Facebook. To some, he has become a distant memory. But for me, even though I very much feel his absence, he remains a real being who is so much more than a memory or myth. Just like all of us, he was certainly full of flaws and frailties--but he provided a foundation for me and Andi to build our life on--a foundation of love, ambition, optimism, faith, endurance, and love of family.
To all of you out there who have loved and lost--as I know many of you have--perhaps there's comfort for us in the thought: "If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them."
Happy birthday, R. Michael Allen! We love you!
http://mlhandaallen.blogspot.com



Comments
Diana Hawes He was a great guy! Happy Birthday Mike!
Alicia Mouritsen Walters Keep sharing! Anytime you feel! Love it!
Vanessa Kaminski He was truly one of the greatest people. I've never met a person with such passion for life. He was so lucky to have you and Andi in his life.
Christine Thomas Sherwood · 3 mutual friends
Lisa, you remain one of my heroines....you have done remarkable, beautiful, eternal things with all mortality has brought you...Michael's smile and kindness are two attributes that I will never forget! I love your posts...they enrich and touch my heart.
TedandMichelle Harris He defintely lives on in our lives Lisa. A forever friend he remains..as do you. We admire you strength a posivity and hope to endure loss with the dignity and fortitude you posess. 
Joann Allen Happy birthday, Michael! We love and miss you!
Shae Ryan Toponce Beautiful!
Liz Perkins What a beautiful tribute and foundation you've created indeed.
F Royce Carter wwhen is his birthday
F Royce Carter where is he buried?
Lisa Luke Allen Klein Grandpa, his birthday is today, the 9th, and he is buried right by our house at the farmington cemetery. Xoxo
Lisa Luke Allen Klein
Write a reply...
Karlee Graham Love this tribute and love you 💕
Kristi Larson Geddes You are amazing and beautiful, Lisa!
Sheldon Cheshire Happy Birthday, Mike! You are loved and missed!
RoseAnna Barker Batty Sweet tribute! You're an amazing and strong person! I look up to you in every way! 
Colby Williams Happy Birthday Michael! You are missed. Thanks for sharing Lisa.
Kim Hunsaker · 5 mutual friends
We love and miss Mike. We had the privilege of him living with us for a while. Miss him 💕
Chandra Swan I loved your share! Have an amazing month!
Jared Howard Miss you Mikey.
Kristen Buckmiller Healey Sweet words Lisa. Your amazing.
Kate Van Voris Have a fantastic day!
Sunni Brown Wilkinson Love this! You are such a terrific person, Lisa, and we still think of Mike fondly. He was a wonderful guy!
Author Glen Bear Smith Happy Birthday Mike. You are forever in our hearts. I admired you greatly. Lisa, you and the girls deserve happiness now and forever. God bless you and your family....Bear & Tonia
Brandon Davis Miss him. Thanks for sharing. Hope you and your family are doing well!
Frances Kissinger Gardner Thanks for your sweet words Lisa!
Michelle Stacey Calder I'm so amazed by your strength. Thank you for your example of getting through tough things with such grace. Love you Lisa!!!
Pamela Day Warr · 2 mutual friends
What a beautiful tribute, Lisa!
Jan Schuurman · 16 mutual friends
Beautiful just beautiful
Beth Allen · Friends with Ronald A Allen and 1 other
Though I never knew your husband, I know his father. He had to be a good man. I have loved and lost also and know the strength of the Holy Ghost. I loved your tribute to your late husband. Your words give all of us a great lift in remembering our loved ones. Thank you.
DeeDee Fischer Happy birthday Michael. Your whole family loves you and misses you
Katie Woolley Gardner Beautiful. Happy Birthday to one of the greats! We sure love Michael and think and talk about him often in the Gardner home! We also love and miss you!!
Lesley Mason You are amazing and awesome!
Marie Hart Clayton I love everything about this post and love you so much! We all will always miss you,Michael! Happy birthday!
Donna Black Minch What a lovely tribute, you can open your heart & love again. There should always remain a very special place for Michael.
Jill Smith Gubler Great way to celebrate his life. Hugs.
Kyle Jones Miss you Mikey!!
Angie Lawrence I'm so glad you share with us. He and you are great people that my family looks up to.
Kimberly Stoker Bullard Thank you for you heartfelt words. I understand what you are saying and know what it feels like to know our loved ones who have moved on, are still very much a part of our lives and are there for us...especially at the inevitable crossroads. You are an amazing example Lisa!
Brenda AndPaul Pattillo I love that Lisa. You are a fantastic writer.
Cynthia Gifford Thank you for sharing. Keep the good memories. It is good to share!
Sharon Julia Child Beautiful! Love is eternal

No comments: