Friday, April 15, 2016

Keepsakes



I still have so many Michael keepsakes.
My storage room is full of his clothes and his endless bins of keepsakes.
At one point I put forth a concerted effort to give his things away or to otherwise clear our space of it.  I organized it quite well but I still have plenty.
I have a goal to go through it all once again...in five years or so.

In the meantime, I was trying to give away some other unnecessary things that were filling up our house.  Recently, I went through some kitchen cupboards and I found a few of Michael's things that I figured we wouldn't use anymore.  So before I sent them off to the DI, I had to take a picture of them.:)  So many memories....

This is the Magic Bullet.  It does not work well anymore.
Michael won this Magic Bullet at his family's family reunion up in Park City...I think it was the year after Andi was born.  He was so dang excited to get this thing!  It was all he wanted.  Aunt Ruthie was the one to give it away as a prize for some sort of competition they were having between each other.  Michael made sure he was the winner and did so at all costs.  (As only Michael Allen could do.)
I remember using it a lot to puree Andi's baby food.


This is a cup Michael got during one of his river runs in the Grand Canyon with Lane and his family.  I believe Michael ran that river two or three times with Lane (and co.) and Michael really looked up to the guy.  
We have had two of these cups sitting around for a long time.  This one became the perfect toy for bath time.  (Which would make Michael totally mad, by the way.)   It became sufficiently worn out so I decided to get rid of it. 
Tour West, baby.  Michael loved it.  

Love these memories.


No comments: