I am thankful to say that come Michael's birthday on January 9th, I will either be ridiculously pregnant or I will have a new baby. What a wonderful blessing to have, even though this is all part of my "Plan B."
Nevertheless, I still don't want to let his day to pass by without writing a post in his honor.
I want to write Michael's birthday post this year not only in honor of him, but in honor of him and his Andi, because the older Andi gets, the more she reminds me so very much of her Daddy Michael.
I don't know that I expected that. I knew she had some of her dad in her, but not as much as seems to be surfacing. It has been so fun to watch her grow...and sometimes it can be so bittersweet....to see so much of her daddy in her.
Here are some pictures of baby Andi with her Daddy Michael:
A picture that I had to post simply because this is totally a "Michael laugh."
Another picture I had to post because it illustrates so well how much Andi's dear cousins loved her Daddy Michael.
Michael got just as excited over Andi's gifts as she did.
There is no question that Andi has much of my temperament in her. How fun it is, though, that as you get to know her, you can see that my temperament is counteracted with a whole other one inside of her--that of exuberance, delight, passion, social ambition, a desire to PARTY, and a great love and loyalty for her family members....Michael's traits to a "T."
Other traits that remind me so much of her daddy:
She's emotional.
She's a hoarder!! (You should see her room.)
She laughs hysterically at movies as if no one else is in the room.
She's the life of the party at our house, with her sisters, with her cousins, with her friends.
She loves to dance and she LOVES music of all kinds.
She totally gets into supporting her school and having school pride.
She can be totally driven and determined with certain things in her life.
She isn't the best at prioritizing. :/
She's a total slow poke and just "lives in the moment."
I love my baby Andi. I call her my "angel" because she has been the angel that has saved me from the total pit of despair of losing her daddy. She has kept me going.
Thank you, Michael, for the gift of Andi.
For your birthday this year I once again wish I could spoil you with a bunch of dumb presents and celebrate it with our little family.
But instead I will keep enjoying the gift you gave me in our baby girl.
I love you, Michael...Always...Forever. Happy 37th.


No comments:
Post a Comment