She's getting more into books and I love it. We've been reading Clifford books and she seems to get into those quite a bit. She also loves Go Dog Go...A book I'm pretty sure I memorized from front to back when I was little.
She and I like to play the piano, the "drums," or her little play guitar to the beat of the radio. Last week it was to the beat of the Beatles, which I'm sure you wouldn't be surprised by.
She'll often tell me she needs to go potty. If not, she'll lay down, lift up her legs, and say, "Mom change!"
She loves The Princess and the Frog, so I got her some cute little figurines from that movie in the Disney store on Times Square. I've enjoyed watching her play with them, along with her Barbies...She's really starting to "get" the pretend play now.
She calls my parents, "Bon" (Grandma) and "Pa." The latter makes sense, the former, well, I'm not sure how she came up with that nickname. Nevertheless, it's adorable hearing her refer to them as such.
Last week I met another widow who related to me that her own little daughter has found a great fatherly-figure in her own father. That reminded me of my own story so far and how grateful I am to say that my dad offers the same thing for our Andi girl. He's so wonderful. I often catch Andi watching a game with "Pa." Most often, though, he can be found chasing her around, lifting her up, and giving her loves. Stuff that I wish you could be around to do.
Last Friday evening she decided the drapes were theater-like curtains, so she bursted out of them and yelled, "Andi show!" Then danced a little, then bowed. So cute.
She's been sick lately...much to my chagrin...which made it harder to leave for my trip. She gets such red cheeks when she isn't feeling good, poor babe.
She loves to invite Harry to her birthday parties.
She loves the company she gets from her cousins when we go to the Children's Museum. Cute Carter.
This morning I brought her in bed with me and as we laid there, she reached over and grabbed my hand. Of course it made me smile...Mostly because I know where she learned that. My mom.
Sometimes when my heart aches that I am her only parent, I remember she has so many other "good parents" that are teaching her wonderful things. Like how to hold hands while watching "Sesame Street."
I gaze at her all the time, hoping to see you in her. You are most definitely there. Especially when she laughs...so loud and boisterous. I love it.
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment