Thursday, January 14, 2010

birthdays

Our birthday week has come and gone. Michael's now 32 and I'm 28. I happen to like even numbers, so because of that, I believe it'll be a good year ahead of us.

Last Sunday we had Michael's siblings over for a birthday celebration. Bethany, a.k.a Superwoman, made the coolest cake:














Here's Michael, Laura, and I blowing out our birthday candles: (Laura has a January birthday too. She also just so happens to have a broken elbow--and a newborn baby to take care of....Happy birthday to Laura! :) )











Here's Michael and I hittin' the slopes last Saturday. (With my eyes halfway closed.) It was our birthday outing. Thanks to my mama for watching Andi for us! We had a blast.











Those weren't our only celebrations, though. Ron and Joann watched Andi for us one night while we headed to downtown "O-town" for dinner and a concert. Then last night we went and saw "Invictus" together (excellent movie, btw) and ate at Corbin's. And as if all that wasn't enough, I made Michael a cool magnet board for his "man room" and he framed all my old Beatles records. We've done some good celebrating and relaxing.
Now that I'm 28, I keep thinking about how everyone always talks about how 29 is the best age to be. So basically that means I have this year and next year, and then I'm considered over the hill. It also means that I have just this year and next year before I'm 30. Me. 30. I cannot see myself that age. I still consider myself the same little Lisa that I was when I was ten. Except I have a kid now. I wonder if that perspective will ever change...?

1 comment:

Miss Kris said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday! Way to go Michael on the cool present. I was thinking about you on your birthday, which I always remember :) I feel the same way about 30--there is no way I can be that old. I really do feel like I'm perpetually 19. You would think college, a husband, a mortgage and 2 kids would change that!