Friday, June 5, 2009

FAMILY

A week or so ago, during the week of Memorial Day, Michael and I trekked over to Park City to stay with some of his family for a while. His dad and Joann got a killer place for all of us to stay in. They stayed the whole week, and we went back and forth a few times. We each had our own rooms, which is saying a lot considering how many of us there were. It was great. Andi was really good throughout the whole thing, and I really enjoyed a break in the monotony.
Michael’s Aunt Ruthie and her family were all there. Michael and I both really enjoy being around that family. They’re so fun to be around. Kendra’s little Kaia and Marcus really hit it off with Andi. It was adorable.
Isaac brought Carlin around one night, and Daniel, Beth, Jesse, and Cathi even came up for a bit as well.
Michael won the “golden ticket” by earning the coveted Magic Bullet. Ruthie told everyone that whoever did the most service throughout the week would win the “amazing Magic Bullet.” Michael knew right off he wanted it, and he got it. That’s my Michael. We now have a great tool for making strawberry margaritas and other “as seen on tv” treats. Can’t wait to use it more. Thanks Ruthie! 
And thanks to Ron and Joann for a nice Memorial Day weekend getaway.

An exciting note about the Lukes is that our awesome Dad took all us kids and grandkids up last weekend to Bear Lake to see our new family cabin! We are all so excited about it, I don’t think we even know how to react. It’s a beautiful, practically new cabin, with a perfect floorplan for a big family on vacation.
Michael and I are so grateful that Dad and Mom are doing this for us. They’re allowing our kids more opportunities than Michael and I could give them.
Bear Lake was always a place that Chris loved, so I’m glad we can go there and in a sense, be with him. My family spent some time up there years ago when we had our trailer up there. I was small but I remember it well and I have fond memories of it all. The boat, the trailer, the raft, climbing on the bunk beds, sleeping on the “big bed” with Mom, and watching Chris and my sisters waterski. Maybe they weren’t waterskiing quite yet, but being up around the lake reminds me of all our boat memories as well.
Can’t wait to make more Bear Lake memories!

No comments: