Unfortunately, Michael isn’t coming home at all tonight, so I’m afraid it’ll be a long night for Harry. And I must admit, a long night for me.
Admittedly, I was a little ticked in the wake of Michael’s departure. He went on a backpacking trip with the Young Men in our ward. He left in a hustle as he frantically prepared everything during what seemed like the last minute. As a result of these last-minute preparations, the house was left completely disheveled. (Unbelieveable!) We hardly had time for any goodbyes, but I’ve now put in plenty of time cleaning up after him. Ah, the woes. So yes, I have had some frustrations towards him. He often waits ‘til the last minute to prepare for trips. He rarely cleans up after himself these days. And I gotta’ be honest, in my selfish immaturity, I get a little envious of the freedom he experiences.
That said, my frustrations seemed to melt away as I slipped into my empty bed last night. Sure don’t like sleeping without him. And I especially don’t like not being able to talk to him for at least a few minutes a day. I’d be happy with even one minute. But his cell phone is now out of service, and I’m out of luck.
It’s times like these that make me think what it might be like if he dies first. It’s very probable. The thought of not sleeping with him and not being able to talk to him is a lot to take in. What the heck am I going to do when I need a late night sno-cone run, but he isn’t there to go get it for me? Or, what if I need a foot rub, or what happens when I get those terrible ulcer pains in my stomach?....Who else besides him will rub me ‘til I feel better?
Sure do love my Michael.
No comments:
Post a Comment