Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving!






We went to Colorado for Thanksgiving with Michael's family and stayed at his Aunt DeeDee's. Fun trip! I'm including some pictures of our stay and of some of the latest pictures of our cute baby girl.
We owe a big thanks to DeeDee for a wonderful stay and to Dad & Joann for their generosity in getting us there. And of course we owe a big thanks to my parents for watching our cute Harry while we were gone.
So the pictures show "Aunt Bethany" with her little Andalyn, and Michael with his daughter as well. There's also a picture of the Allen/Schmitz clan on Sunday when we went to a cousin's mission farewell. My favorite pic, though, is of Harry and Andy--one of my many of my attempts to get that "perfect" Christmas card picture. It was pandemonium! In this particular picture Harry was putting himself way in front of the picture, drowning out the baby, perfectly depicting his attitude about his position in this family--#1!!! I sure do love my babies.
Just this week I started a part-time, work-at-home job writing articles for a local business, and Michael's keeping busy with work and side jobs. Lots of stuff to do, but we're loving parenthood every step of the way! We are very blessed.
May we all be able to focus on the reason for this season, as cliche as that is. I say that perhaps because I'm trying to remember why the heck I'm spending all this time putting up decorations and going through all those motions. It is indeed for a reason. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

That pic of Andalyn frowning is SO cute!! I also love the pic with her and Harry. Dogs really are humans that simply cannot open doors. How funny. Sibling rivalry...