To everything there is a time and season...
That's what I've been thinking about as my sister-in-law told me she wished she could be more domestic like me and not have to devote herself to law school. So that's why the phrase, "To everything there is a time and a season" came to mind.
It wasn't long ago I felt the same way she did while I was working. And I must admit it was worth the wait. I loved my job as a teacher wholeheartedly, but even though I've only been a mom for a little while now, I can say for certain that there's something pretty cool about being able to be a full-time domesticator and nurturer.
So now here's a day in my life--
Chasing Harry for stealing the quesdadilla off my plate while I go to check on the baby. Cleaning the bathroom. Giving baths. Dusting the house. Doing dishes. Burping the baby. Cleaning up spit up. Changing diapers....even the really messy, full ones that come after days of constipation. And....
Cuddling Andalyn's tiny little body while she takes a nap on the bed. Listening to her make her little shrieks while she tries to put her binky back in her mouth. Smelling her milky face. Holding her tiny fingers.
Her presence is a constant reminder of the fragility of life and our precious mortality.
That's it for now.
Here's to rainy Mondays!
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad you're enjoying life. Little Andalyn is just adorable. I loved the announcement and thought you chose the perfect picture. It looks so snuggly and shows her adorable face in such a cute expression.
Post a Comment