She finally came! I was scheduled to be induced on Monday the 18th, but on Saturday night, Mother Nature took matters in her own hands. I started contracting at about 11, and we went to the hospital at 4:30. I was so happy when they told me they'd keep me and that this was the day! Baby Andalyn Allen was born at 11:01 on Sunday morning, weighing 7.5 pounds and 19 1/2 inches long. What an experience it has been!
So many wonderful memories have been made, but here are my top ten favorite moments throughout the week....
1) Even though the labor was, of course, terribly painful, I have to say I'll never forget watching the Olympics all night long on Saturday night with Michael and then as the contractions got stronger, coming up with conversation topics to help me keep sane. Like, "How many calories do you think I'm burning while in labor?" Or, "Tell me the story of when you learned how to ride a bike."
2) At 10: 40 on Sunday morning being told I was at a ten, and then Michael coming in five minutes later to find me in panics, literally shaking out of nerves. I didn't think she'd come so fast! It was just fifteen minutes later we saw her pretty face.
3) Sharing in the amazement of birth with Michael.
4) Sitting in the hospital bed with Michael and Andalyn.
5) Loading Andalyn up in the car and heading home with my newly developed family, stopping for a snow cone on the way, and listening to Paul Simon's song about daddies and daughters.
6) Seeing Andalyn smile for the first time right when Grandma said to her, "Grandma's going to spoil you rotten."
7) Watching Michael be a dad, always wanting to hold her and gaze in her pretty blue eyes.
8) Harry wanting to love and kiss her. Almost as if he knows to protect her.
9) Watching Harry try to pull the fur down over his eyes all the days long so as to get some sleep after the long nights!
10) Finally making it to the yellow poopy diapers and knowing I'm actually getting her fed!
3 comments:
Lisa..I've been on PINS and needles. I'm so glad that you had a seemingly smooth labor and that you made fun memories. I'm jealous! Andalyn is gorgeous...what a face at less than a week old! Enjoy the newness of EVERYTHING, and as always...if you need ANYTHING at all, holla. ;)
Lis! She is beautiful!! She looks just like you, it's so cute. I'm so glad she's here and that all is well. When things calm down and you get the mommy routine down I'd love to come see her! I want to hear all about it. You'll be the cutest mom, no doubt. I'll call soon! :)
OH, she is sooooo beautiful! We are so happy for y'all, and can't wait to meet our new baby cousin! We love you! Kendra, Aaron, Kaia and Marcus
Post a Comment