As far as I can tell, that's when Andalyn will be born. We were hoping for 08-08-08, but that came and went, so it just so happens I'm going to be induced on the morning of Monday, August 18, 2008. Can't come any too soon at this point.
Getting more and more nervous as it's becoming real. I'm feeling a lot of anxiety as it's less than 48 hours away now, but I'm also getting way excited. I feel the Spirit with me so strongly today and I am in hopes it can continue to strengthen and boost.
Michael's off working today again. Doing some side work and working so hard. He came home last night and went straight to bed, which we sort of laughed about this morning because that never happens. He usually goes straight to the downstairs couch and watches tv until he falls asleep. He'll typically sleep there until about three a.m., followed by a sleepy walk to the bed. But not last night--he just went straight to the bed, under the covers. I wondered what was wrong with him! He's been working hard at getting things squared away, just like me. Trying to get some good hours in at work, doing side jobs, getting life insurance and other finances in order. Many things on his mind.
Contractions have been strong. I'm hoping I'll at least have increased my dilation to a three by the time I get there on Monday morning, but we'll see.
Michael went to youth conference last week. I opted out of the activity as I'm more on the handicapped side of life these days. He had fun, though. I think as much as the kids did. The ward kept telling me he was just like the rest of 'em....having fun and bein' crazy. I guess on the way down the alpine slides when they take the pictures, Michael's picture perfectly illustrated the fun he was having...he had a huge grin on his face. That's my baby.
Daniel came over last weekend and helped us paint the baby room. ...Unfortunately, only to find that the color we picked was so ugly we just can't live with it. So the baby room still sits empty, waiting to be repainted, while the bedroom across the hall has two bedroom's worth of furniture in it. But it'll get done when it gets done.
My family's been wonderfully supportive the past few weeks. My mom and sisters are either always calling me, visiting, or going to lunch with me. Dad's been here every weekend mowing and helping with the yard. It's been so nice.
The other night Andalyn's foot kept sticking out like five inches on the right side of my belly. Michael was so taken back by it, he screamed like a girl. It made me laugh. Can't wait to actually see her cute feet instead of have them kick me all the time.
In the meantime, I'm looking at Harry's cute feet as he is curled up for a nap. I will miss taking him on walks the next few weeks and hope to get back into it soon. He's a good buddy, and pretty soon, he'll be a good big bro.
Until then, here's to swollen feet and achin' backs!!
:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations Lisa! I was induced both times (the first 3 weeks early due to preeclampsia) and they both went great. I wish you all the luck!!
Cant wait for updates!
Post a Comment