Sunday, July 6, 2008

water...

Right now I'm looking out our window at the sprinklers Michael just fixed in the backyard. So grateful we're finally getting our sprinkler systems in working order so that our house and the rental house is finally getting some consistent watering.
Michael and I have had a fun weekend. Being the 4th, we went to Kaysville's parade with the Allen family, and then we went to my parents that evening. Michael's family came over to join the Luke's annual 4th of July barbecue and fireworks bash. We had tons of fun catching up and playing with the family. My cousin Brenda is pregnant and due four days ahead of me so it was fun to share pregnant stories and catch up. Michael played a lot with the nieces and nephews, and they love it. They wouldn't leave him alone all night. Connor kept pulling Michael's ears so he would play with him, and Luke kept putting on his cute little Luke charm so as to get Michael's attention.
Harry got a major holiday wear-out as he was with us all day on the 4th. Michael, Harry, and I slept and watched movies all morning long the day after the 4th. Then Michael and I went to the Parade of Homes in Mountain Green and to a movie that evening. So fun to have some time together as we tend to go days during the summer without really seeing each other. Of course our day together couldn't be possible without the constant running to the restrooms, bathrooms, port-a-potties, etc. Needing so much water these days is definitely a double-edged sword, but Michael's a great sport about it.
The Luke family got a new boat and we took it out for its first run last week. I'm starting to realize what a joy it can be doing old things with little kids so you can see it all once again through a child's eyes. What may have been just another boating trip for me turned into utter enjoyment as I watched my niece and nephews experience the water. Cute little Luke was scared to sit in front of the boat and kept asking everybody if they were doing okay. I love that kid--so cautious and loving. The two baby boys--Chase and Carter--had to endure the evening in their suffocating life jackets, and therefore had squished faces and eyes as the life jackets held up their cute little heads.
I've spent some time with Mom and Dad the past few weeks as they're preparing for Dad's retirement. Lots of anxieties but excitement for the future. I hope they can adjust well and find ways to enjoy the new lifestyle of having Dad home. Dad just finished teaching summer school so he is officially done with BHS. He's been spending a lot of time taking care of his Aunt Jeanne lately. It's been a joy to watch him be so loving and committed towards her as she really doesn't have anyone else to help her out. The one thing about Dad is that he always knows when it's necessary to step up to the plate and get things done when they gottta' be done--like taking care of Jeanne. He takes responsibility and doesn't drag his feet or do it halfway. He really knows how to "get 'er done." Of course Mom has been so good about taking me shopping and keeping me nice and spoiled while I anticipate this new baby. She has a great way of taking care of me and making sure I'm okay.

I've been plenty busy working at Weber scoring essays and reading scholarship applications for my friend Carrie's company. Almost too busy with it all, but it's been good. I like knowing that I'm doing what I can to stay busy and to bring in a few little extra bucks.
Michael bore his testimony in church today and I was so impressed. He was so eloquent. He talked a lot about his gratitude for our freedoms in this county and also about his testimony of the scriptures. He has been extremely kind as I have begun to experience this new and challenging part of pregnancy. I am lucky and blessed to have him.
Speaking of church, a few weeks ago Harry sneaked out of the house during our church time, walked to the church, and literally scratched on the door, hoping to be let in. It wasn't until our neighbors told us "Harry was waiting at the door" that we realized he had followed us to church. He is such a kook. We had a good laugh from it, though, and thought to ourselves how typical it was of Harry to do whatever he could to be around people.
I am now 34 weeks and counting. I'm experiencing plenty of anxiety and excitement....not to mention swelling, heat flashes, extreme hunger and fatigue, and a ton of braxton hicks.
When Michael and I went to Park City for his family reunion I had a weekend full of those braxton hicks contractions, I'll tell ya. It was a fun weekend two weeks ago when we went there, though, and we felt very blessed to be around Michael's family again. The girls threw me a baby shower and literally showered us with more gifts than we thought possible. It's always fun seeing Ruthie and her family again.
Pictured here is Michael and I in Park City taking Isaac's bike for a ride in the mountains. Also is a picture taken of me at the baby shower Michael's family threw me.
So that's it for now. Six more weeks 'til we see our sweet baby girl!

1 comment:

Stevenson Family said...

What is carries company?? I'm interested. Cute pictures. You're getting SO close!!