Sunday, July 13, 2008

another week...

Another busy summer week has gone by.
Michael and I got a lot done, like sprinkler work in our yard, work on the rental house, we got our car windows tinted, I helped my mom clean out her basement, etc. etc. Michael and I went to a breastfeeding class at the hospital one night as well, which was very interesting for me, and slightly boring/uncomfortable/funny for Michael. He was a great support for going with me, though.
We did some fun stuff, too. We went to the Parade of Homes together, which was fun. I went to the Farmington parade with my family (and Harry, of course.) One evening Michael and I went to dinner with my family to celebrate Aunt Jeanne's birthday. Another night I had a shower given to me by my sisters and mom, which was so nice. So many of my closest family members and friends were there, and I really enjoyed seeing them all and feeling of their support.
I ordered a rocking chair this week and I'm starting to get more anxious to get the baby room done so I can put it all together and feel ready. Will I ever really feel ready, though? More than anything right now I just feel so nervous. (And not to mention swollen, big, tired, and sleep-deprived.) Of course, I'm so excited to see our own little baby girl, but I sure am apprehensive about what to expect with all this. I hope we can be good parents for her.
Michael's been really good about helping family out with a/c work lately. He's helped Gabe with his "flip" house, he helped Marion, and he's helped a lot of people in our ward as well. I'm proud of him. He's been working very hard lately.
Anyhow, another busy week is ahead as we keep working hard at our jobs, at preparing for the baby, at our callings, and at spending time with family. My family is headed up for a little weekend getaway next weekend to Eden.
Until next week....

No comments: