Saturday, April 15, 2017

Easter Email

Hi Family,

Just wanted to send you all a little email on this Easter weekend to let you know I'm thinking of you all and I hope you have nice and memorable Easter.  

I know I've said it in the past, but Easter is my most favorite holiday and has become much more meaningful through the experience of losing Michael.  While I'm not sure I can say I've made peace with his death, I am entirely grateful for what I have learned through the experience.  Our life together was short, and certainly imperfect, but our bonds were strong and I still feel those bonds and ties today.  He was my best friend and I am happy to say I feel just as strongly about that now as I did seven years ago.  I have had precious experiences in feeling of his continued presence in my life and I know many of you have experienced some of those same things.

Contemplating on the sacrifices, life, and resurrection of the Savior reminds me of the reasons we have to continue to hope and love and stay strong in the Gospel.  I love my brother Jesus and feel overcome by gratitude for the hope He brings us all.

Thank you to my Allen/Schmitz family for remaining as supportive as you have and for your love and help throughout the years.  During this last year, you were especially supportive at Andi's baptism and I can't begin to tell you how much that meant to me.  While my life continues forward, you are always so important to us and will ever remain so, even if we don't see each other often.

Happy Easter to you all!  Love you all dearly and look forward to seeing you in in Park City in June!!!

https://www.lds.org/topics/easter/videos?lang=eng&old=true

Love,
Lis

No comments: