As a part of this attempt towards a renewal, I threw Harry a birthday party this week. That's right--I had a party for my dog....Have a problem with that? Harry turned three years old this week, so in celebration, I invited my sweet nephews and niece and we had a killer party eating cheese sandwiches (as Harry's favorite food is cheese), Scooby Doo dog fruit snacks, and "pup"cakes, as I like to call them. The boys also fit in some good "Star Wars" time in our famous (or infamous) little room, as illustrated in one of the pictures below.
We've had plenty of other good family time lately, as also illustrated in the pictures below of Luke with Andi and Mom with her cute grandkids.
My second step towards a springtime renewal involved spending money. Michael gave me permission to have some fun at my favorite store ever, Downeast Clothing and Home. ( http://downeastoutfitters.com/about.html ) Not only is it my favorite, it's only a few blocks away. Too good to be true. Andi had fun too as we shopped the aisles. She smiles at laughs at everything these days...even at her cheesy mom who will do anything for a smile.
And so my third attempt towards a springtime renewal led me to the local library. I try to take Andi to storytime once a week and this week I actually got myself a library card and checked out a bunch of books. Mostly a bunch of cardboard ones for Andi (so she'll stop ripping ours!) and also some for the girl I'm beginning to tutor. Way excited about that, and even more excited for the chance to put my teaching skills to use for a little extra money. Indeed a little, but still fun.
Michael's been busy trying to win us a trip to Hawaii from work (everybody cross your fingers for us!) and trying to lose those extra winter pounds. He's really been crackin' down on eating right and working out. He's my hero.
Andi's been growing a lot. She's filled out quite a bit the past few weeks (all those sweet potatoes and mushed up bananas, ya know.) She has discovered her socks; subsequently they never stay on. She has also discovered how unfortunate it is that her mom and dad now know where she's ticklish. Nevertheless, she's always laughing one way or another. She gets in silly moods and does funny little head dances or makes funny noises. She loves her baby movies (unfortunately) and just like she grunts in anticipation for her beloved cereal, she also grunts in excitement when she sees me get out her "Baby Einstein" or "Baby Signing Time" videos.
Sweet Andi, and then Mom and Her Babies
2 comments:
Cute baby and Happy Birthday, Harry! Glad he's still going strong after all he's been through!
I want a dog so I can throw it a party- you are so fun!
Post a Comment