Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Nine Years

Michael and I were married nine years ago today.
Best way I have found to honor the day is to go to the temple where we were married.
I'm always glad to be there and to be in that special place.
I have a particular memory of sitting with Michael on a bench right before our wedding ceremony.  It was a moment and conversation I won't forget.  So grateful for these good memories.
 
A few pictures to reminisce....
 
Great picture of Michael with his "boys."  Miss seeing everyone.

A sandwich I gave Michael six days before his death.  Found it in his work truck.
Love this dumb little treasure.

Michael kept his grandma's funeral program and there's a poem in it that I think is applicable today in thinking of Michael.

A good day.

A darling baby.

A face I miss.

A magnet on our fridge and a great place to work.

An anniversary note from Michael.
He knew I secretly dreamed of having a pink scooter of my own, and he was seriously ready to buy me one (and one for him too, of course) until I vetoed the idea. :)
We had big plans for the future though.
 

Perfect depiction of his short fatherhood.  He got totally into it.  Loved that girl like crazy.  Loves.

A moment of truth.
Months before our wedding I made him promise to not, ABSOLUTELY NOT, wipe cake all over me.  He did all he could to make me nervous, but when the time came, he stayed true to my wish. 

The back of the flier I made when selling our Ogden house.
I still have times when I feel homesick for it.
It was our home.


Michael and his young men he loved so much.
 
Miss you today and always, Michael.
I'm one lucky lady to have ever been called your girl.
xoxo

No comments: